8500 Wireless Full Flow
Smoke Opacity Meter
WAGER OPACITY SMOKE METERS
• A large bright graphics color display (320 x 240 pixels) is easy to read in all environments.
• Wireless channels are used during communication between the Hand Controller, the Sensor Head, and the printer for optimum data transmission.
• All devices are battery powered for complete wireless testing.
• A “power off” feature saves battery life on both the hand controller and sensor head during user-defined period of inactivity.
• Data of stored tests can be sent to a portable printer or to a pc. Records can be selected by vin, customer name, license number and more.
• All system components fit neatly into the storage case for easy transportation.
Wager is proud to introduce our new wireless opacity meter. Wager is an industry leader in opacity measurement and the 8500 Wireless Smoke Opacity Meter is the culmination of years of experience in developing rugged, accurate and easy to use inspection equipment for diesel emissions testing.
The 8500 meets the SAE J1667 emission protocol and uses full flow measurement technology in order to obtain the opacity readings. The unit can store up to 128 test records. Operation of the meter is through an easy to use menu system and the meter is self–calibrating upon power up. A verification filter is supplied with the system to assure continuous accuracy.
The 8500 wireless system can be set to measure atmospheric temperature, relative humidity, and barometric pressure for ambient corrected opacity measurements or this feature can be disabled.
The full flow head is an end of line sensor. The light source and receiving unit measure opacity directly across the diameter of the exhaust stack. The optics are protected from the smoke plume by a set of baffles. The head is attached to the stack with a universal band clamp and a set of magnet clamps which hold the sensor head in place.
Full flow heads are less susceptible to heat build-up and pressure created by the exhaust during testing.